Thursday, January 14, 2010

Register Rewards


RR's or Register Rewards are manufacturer coupons that print out from a Catalina machine at the register after you have completed your transaction at Walgreens. These do have an expiration date so you have to keep it in mind.  I keep them in a clear zip lock bag in my purse and check frequently to make sure that I don't have any that are about to expire.

These RR's print out when you buy a product that may be advertised in their weekly ad. In Walgreens ad it will tell you which products will earn a RR.  For example let's say Theraflu is on sale for $4.99 and if you buy it a register reward of $4.99 will print out. (I think they're banking on the people who will forget to use the RR.)  Now here is where you can actually make a little bit of money.  For example, I have a coupon for $2 off on theraflu.  I pay $2.99 but then get $4.99 back.  I made $2.

There are also Register Reward deals that are not advertised in the weekly ads and you may notice signs for these in the store. If you don't see a sign or it is not in the ad then it most likely will not generate a RR.

No comments:

Post a Comment